Of course I had to get a pair of cowboy boots while I was there and after trying on about 25 pairs, I decided on this pair of black boots with brown stitching. I originally planned on getting red or turquoise or something equally flashy, but eventually decided to opt for something a little more versatile. Plus, I got an adorable pair of short red cowboy boots* last month, so those will tide my wilder instincts over for now.
*These little red cowboy boots are actually from Target and are in the girls section, but this particular brand runs huge. I wear a women's 7 and the girl's size 6 fits with plenty of room.
Below are links to the items I'm wearing above, as well as several other options for plaid and print vests, and a few pairs of black cowboy boots. Also, I always get asked about these high rise jeans that I got from Trunk Club, and this is the exact pair—on sale now for 30% off at Nordstrom.

