Heather Bien

writing and designing a colorful life

Friday Fancies

Road Trip

This week's Friday Fancies theme was Road Trip. I am actually doing a road trip next Saturday - first to Harrisonburg, VA for a dinner that sister #3 is doing with her program at JMU, then to Richmond Saturday night, and then down to South Carolina for a week at the beach on Sunday. However, I don't think summer road trip outfits are all that fun. I'll probably just throw on a cotton dress and go. When I think of road trip outfits, I think of crisp weather and packing up for just a night out of the city (usually this means football weekends in Charlottesville.) I love this outfit for being comfortable in the car yet looking pulled together (and layered!) with the scarf and print mixing. A bag big enough to hold all your essentials without being too big to carry around is necessary. I want this whole outfit, top to bottom: Murfee scarf, pink Longchamp, St. James tee.