high flying essentials summer edition by simplesurber
6. Jack rogers- they're easy to get through security, comfy for those long walks in the terminal + take you right into whatever chic happenings you may have at your destination.
Hey Y'all - I'm Lacy from Simple Surber. Since Heather's on vacation this week - hope you're having fun!! - It got me to thinking about how people pack for their travels. Everyone has those go-to items that they never leave home without - my mom always packs her pillow, Mr. S always packs a fishing shirt even if we're not going to a warm client, so I wanted to share with you a few things I can't live without when I travel these days. Goodness knows it's no longer a glamorous or luxurious experience with TSA invasive screenings or the cramped seating on flights, but I have found a few things I just can't get on a flight without during the summer.
1. Watch - I've had too many close calls for flights because I didn't readily keep track of the time - I now never travel without a watch on. My mom gave me a beautiful leather wrap watch last year and I wear it all the time now. I love how classic it is, but adds the stacked look to your wrist without lots of bracelets jingling around disturbing your neighbor.
2. Burts Bees Wax Tinted Lip Balm - keeps your lips super moisturized with only natural ingredients and adds a hint of color to your lips - I love the Rose color these days. I avoid other lip balms that have chemicals in them that aren't good for your lips like, Carmex.
3. Kindle - Since moving to Winchester, Iv'e been bad about not reading as much as I normally do, but when I travel it's right by my side so that I'm never left sitting idly. It's so handy, and makes carrying your books with you a million times lighter and easier.
4. iPhone - because I am addicted to being connected. Yes - I'm admitting it
5. Kind Bars - since discovering these delish bars last year, I keep one in every bag, my car, and a few in my desk at work. Since airlines rarely offer snacks nowadays, these bars keep me full and they're guilt-free because they're full of nuts, berries and are all held together by pure honey. Best alternative to my unhealthy burger cravings in the airport.
7. Ray Ban Aviators - because it's always fun to pretend you're so famous you have to wear sunglasses on a flight - I kid (only partly). But really, I keep them handy because you never know what the sun situation will be once you land at your destination or even sometimes when the guy across the aisle has his shade open and the sun is right in your eyes.
8. Neutrogena Sunscreen SPF50- My mom always says her #1 piece of advice is to wear sunscreen every day, especially on your face, neck & hands, and Neutrogena's sunscreens are the only products I've found to not make my face break-out and always feel light + it's a great moisturizer for those dry pressurized cabins.
9. Herve Chapelier Weekend Bag - I've had my nylon tote since college, it's been to the beach, to the mountains and on every weekend trip in between. It's super sturdy, but holds more than I can imagine any other travel tote holding + they come in beautiful color combinations - it's by far the best investment I've made in luggage.
10. Panama Jack Hat - It folds up in your bag and pops right back into shape. It's perfect to cover a bad hair day or to protect your skin from the sun. Don't travel without some sort of hat in your bag.
Are there items that you just can't travel without? Thanks Heather for letting me share my summer travel essentials! I hope everyone has a wonderfully short week!!